On-page SEO refers to the optimization of individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page optimization includes optimizing the content and HTML source code of a web page. It includes a range of elements like page titles, headings, content, images, meta descriptions, and more.
Here are some of the key components of On-Page SEO:
- Page Titles: A page title is the main text that describes the content of a web page. It is displayed in the search engine results as the blue clickable headline.
- Meta Descriptions: A meta description is a short summary of a web page’s content that appears in the search engine results. It gives users an idea of what the page is about and helps them determine if it’s relevant to their search.
- Headings: Headings are used to structure the content on a web page and make it easier for users to read. Headings are marked with HTML tags like H1, H2, H3, etc.
- Content: High-quality, relevant, and informative content is essential for on-page SEO. The content should be keyword-optimized and answer the user’s questions.
- Images: Optimizing images with descriptive file names, alt tags, and captions can help improve the visibility of a web page in search engines.
- URLs: URLs should be descriptive and concise, and include the main keyword for the page.
By optimizing these elements, you can improve the visibility and relevance of your website in search engines, and drive more traffic to your site.