Image optimization refers to the process of reducing the file size of images without compromising their quality, which can help to improve website speed, user experience, and search engine rankings. Here are some examples of image optimization techniques:
- Compressing images: Using tools like Photoshop, TinyPNG, or ImageOptim to reduce the file size of images by removing unnecessary data or reducing the quality.
- Choosing the right file format: JPEG is best for photographs, while PNG is better for graphics and images with transparency.
- Using descriptive file names: Naming image files with descriptive, relevant keywords can help search engines understand the content of the image.
- Adding alt tags: Alt tags provide a text description of the image for visually impaired users and help search engines understand the content of the image.
- Optimizing image dimensions: Using the correct dimensions for images can help to reduce file size and improve website speed.
By implementing these techniques, you can ensure that your website’s images are optimized for both search engines and users.